Proxi, the ‘Canva of Maps’ is looking for a frontend developer to create, optimize, and maintain our interactive web interfaces. The development team of four is led by our Director of Engineering. As a member of this team you will lead and execute on frontend development work that both responds to customer requests and lays the foundation for Proxi to grow. An ideal team member for this role would have solid development experience and an eye for design and UX.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fun, collaborative, and rapidly growing seed-stage company. Proxi participated in the Techstars cohort and went on to raise their first round from reputable VCs and Angels in the Seattle area. This role will both have salary and equity compensation.
Are you looking to work on a team where you can see your work impact customers every day? Proxi’s development team is looking for a frontend software engineer that is passionate about making human-centered interfaces, respond to customer requests, and improve the way that people navigate the world. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker who wants to create robust, user friendly software quickly. This person has the potential to grow into a software leadership role as Proxi expands.
- Solid programing experience (ideally, minimum 5 years) and understanding of the development workflow.
- Professional experience working on front end development and web frameworks.
- Experience working on fast-paced development timeline.
- Passion for design, UX and delighting customers through user interfaces.
- Desire to learn and be challenged with new approaches and technologies.
- Organized and self-sufficient.
- Experience with responsive adaptive web design.
- Experience working with Lit.
- Experience working with geospatial software or web-based maps.
- Experience building mobile applications (though this role isn’t to build our mobile applications, you may work with contractors who do).
- Report directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Work with the team to develop and deliver the user interface of our mapping application with a high degree of independence.
- Participate in code reviews on other developers’ work to ensure code quality and code standards.
- Research and propose new technologies, code libraries and products we may wish to integrate with.
- Balance speed and quality, with a focus on tangible results and an exceptional user experience.
- Remote-first work environment. Option to work in person if located in Seattle.
- Friendly, uplifting company culture.
- Competitive startup salary with equity options.